Many experts say that the colors you use in your home interior can also impact your well-being. When it comes to decorating your home, it is important to choose wisely.
The shades can dramatically affect moods, feelings, emotions and even thoughts. The colors you choose for your interior are also a direct reflection of your personality. The best thing to do is to use color as a mood-lifting design tool. But how to manage it with all the information and rules to follow in order to achieve a stylish and beautiful home? You don’t have to worry about trends when it comes to color, they will come and go. Colors have the power to change the shape and size of the furniture, as well as the room itself. Take a look at our guide to creating color balanced and beautiful home.
Making wise choices
You should remember that each color has a psychological value. Ask yourself how certain colors make you feel and how they influence your emotions. If you want to create peace and harmony in your home interior, you should think before you choose. First, you should consider each room’s role, primary function and what mood you want to it. Next, you should pick a predominant color. You should keep in mind to limit the number of colors in a room to no more than three or four.
Room Colors and Psychology
The color you choose for your home interior can be active, passive or neutral. It shouldn’t be a problem for you to match every room’s color to your personal desires, taste, and the home decor style. When it comes to light colors, they are expensive and airy. They make rooms seem larger and brighter. If you want to give your large space a more intimate vibe, you should choose sophisticated and warm dark color. Let.s take a closer look at colors and their effects on our home space:
- Red is daring, bold and definitely commands attention. This color raises a room’s energy level. Red is the most intense color, it easily stimulates one’s energy, is happy and stimulating. When it comes to heart and the red color, it pumps the adrenaline, can increase one’s pulse, heart rate, and even blood pressure. You can easily come to a conclusion that this color is not a good choice for your bedroom. When it comes to the living room or dining room, red makes people more stimulated to talk. If you want to create a strong first impression, you should use red color in an entryway. If you want to make a room feel more intimate, you should go for the red color. You can be sure your home interior will not be boring with this color. When combined with other shades and colors, red offers, even more, versatility.
- Pink is a great way to make your home feel more playful, feminine and warm. The only problem is how to choose the perfect hue. When it comes to adding energy and glamor to your home interior, you should pick a bright, vivid tone like fuchsia. If you want to create a soothing vibe, you should choose soft and restrained pink, like blush. If you always dreamed about more intense pink in your home interior, the best place to use it is your entryway. Choose peony or try a deep pink with raspberry undertones. Pink can be matched with other colors, like chocolate brown, black, mint, white or gold and silver to create a variety of moods in your home. If you want to add a feminine balance to the room, you should pair pink with a masculine hue like navy blue. To make your bedroom more intimate and glamor, use dusty pinks mixed with subtle neutrals.
- Yellow is welcoming and linked to promoting intelligence. You should pick this color if you want to bring some optimism to your home. It also activates memory, stimulates the nervous system and promotes communication. Yellow sparks creativity, but also can produce feelings of frustration and anger. You should keep in mind that yellow is not a good choice for main color schemes. If you want to use this color in your home interior, hallways and rooms without windows can benefit from it. Use saturated shades of yellow to create the illusion of light. If you want to make your room cozier, you should choose buttery yellow which adds a warm glow. When it comes to matching colors, a deep yellow accented with gray can make space feel more sophisticated. If you want to use yellow in your kitchen, you should pick a honey shade and work the color with lots of natural wood.
- Blue evokes the feeling of clear thinking, freshness, and calm. It represents strength and dependability. When it comes to blue, the beauty of it is the elemental colors amazing versatility. Just think of the sky and ocean. Blue is meditative, brings down blood pressure and slow respiration and heart rate. Since blue is associated with calmness, it is recommended often in a bedroom, and all rooms where one goes to relax. If you want to make your room feel larger, try to use light blue color for the ceiling to mimic the sky. If you want to give your room a beachy feel, pick an aqua blue combined with various greens. For more refreshing and fun vibe, paint your ceiling with a medium-blue paint.
- Green is a neutral color for any space. This color is considered the most restful for the eye. We all associate the green color with gifts of nature, so it lends a calming vibe to a room. It comes in a variety of shades, so you can bring many moods into your home interior. This color is so versatile. It is considered restful and relaxing. If you want to create a calming space, you should make green your main color for decorating. It will relieve stress by bringing the relaxing vibe to the room. In fact, green is recommended to use for nearly any room of the home where you want to evoke the feeling of comfort and winding down.
- Purple is regal and eccentric. It lends a layer of mystery to your home interior design. When it comes to luxury and creativity, purple in its darkest values is rich and sophisticated. This color is a combination of calm blue and exciting red which makes it royal and exotic. Depending on the tone or shade it can be dramatic or quiet. Purple colors range from light lavenders to solid plums. If you want to create a stunning front entry, you should use deep purple. For a formal vibe of your living room, you should choose the light lavender-gray color for your walls. If you want to create a very tranquil color scheme, try the combination of purples and soft blues or greens. To make your space feel happy, pair lavender with aqua or chartreuse. If you want to make your dining room feel cozy, you should choose warm purples.
- Orange creates a friendly and approachable feeling for your interiors. This color is often recommended for an exercise room. If you want to give your home a jolt of energy, orange might be what you need. This color represents happiness and innovation. You should remember, though, that deep orange can feel bold during the day but cozy and warm at night. If you want to use orange in the hallway, you should choose a pale, dusty shade to create a welcoming entry. You’ve probably heard that orange stimulates your appetite. It also adds warmth, which makes it a perfect color for a dining room or the kitchen. Orange evokes warmth and coziness, but if you want to create a relaxing space, you should consider mixing apricot with deep browns and grays. If your room craves energy, think of the combination of bright orange, pink and yellow citrus. It will make any room more exciting.
- Gray infuses cool elegance and sophistication into your space. This color brings calmness and sophistication into any interior design. If you want a more delicate feel, you should go for a softer gray. Designers often choose gray to use it as a background color. They also tend to mix different tones and shades of gray together to create a feel of simple style. If you want to create a romantic bedroom, you should go with the lighter tones of gray. When it comes to the combination of colors, gray and white are classic for kitchen and bathrooms.
- Brown is an earthy color that evokes a sense of security in your home interior. You should use it to your advantage. This color is perfect when it comes to encouraging your family and friends to slow down and relax. Brown represents nature and nature materials. If you want to make your room feel warm and inviting, you should use brown to highlight stronger colors like orange or green. You should use a creamy vanilla white with a deep-brown, which is less harsh than black. When it comes to using brown color in your home interior, you should contrast light and dark. You should also mix textures and play with patterns.
- Neutrals like black and white are basic to the decorator’s tool kit. You should use black in small doses, as an accent viagra 150. This color is very dramatic and can invoke feelings of staying indoors. When it comes to white color, it may appear bland, but most interior designers often work with this shade. White feels airy and open, giving the feeling of more space in a room.
- Don’t forget the ceilings – you may not notice that, but the ceiling represents one-sixth of space in a room. Unfortunately, for decades, white was considered the safest choice for ceilings. The general rule is that the ceilings painted with the lighter shade than the walls make the room feel higher while those that are darker make it feel lower.
- Let nature in – before you choose the mod of an entryway, you should consider your surroundings. If you want your entryway to feel safe, you should use color to add some excitement.
- consider every color – you should remember to take samples of the color palette you want to use in your interior. Furniture, pillows, carpeting, lighting, colors, they all affect the mood and your thoughts. Keep in mind that lime green or powder blue brighten brown tones, while red or gold will warm up gray.
- Test it – you should always test the color before painting the whole wall. Try painting a board with your chosen shade and place it on your walls. If you like it, then paint the walls and put the furnishings back in place for the full effect.
You may feel overwhelmed while deciding on colors for your home, but you shouldn’t be afraid to experiment and use the color. With some planning, you will find the right shades to make your interior an expression of your style. You should remember that color choice is a very personal matter and you should choose what suits you, your character and lifestyle.